The problem of iMessage and Facetime activation error is a usual problem with iPhone, especially after new updates like iOS 12. Here, in this post, we shall tell you all the reasons why iMessages is not working and how to fix it. We shall also look into one of the similar errors i.e FaceTime waiting for activation, which also has become a common problem. It’s annoying to stick on such issue and in an emergency, no matter whatever you try this error remain the same. Here are all the reasons for the problem and how to fix the iMessage waiting for activation error on the iOS devices.
What Message You Might See while Facetime or iMessage Activation Error
- Waiting for activation
- Activation unsuccessful
- An error occurred during activation
- Cannot sign in, please check your network connection
Why Does iMessage/FaceTime Show “Waiting For Activation”?
There are several potential reasons why your iPhone says “waiting for activation” when trying to activate iMessage and FaceTime. Before we dig in the problem in detail and how to fix this error you need to know some significant points:
- According to Apple, it might take up to 24 hours to activate FaceTime and iMessage. So sometimes waiting can be the fruitful solution.
- Make sure that your iOS device is updated with the latest iOS version.
- In order to activate iMessage, you must be able to receive and send SMS text messages, if not then contact your telecom carrier.
- You need to be connected to the internet then the only iMessage can be activated.
- You need to keep sufficient balance in your cell number as some carriers charge to activate iMessage and Facetime.
Method 1 – How to Fix iMessage/FaceTime Waiting for Activation
- Check Your device settings
- Go to Settings => General => Date & Time and make sure that your time zone is set correctly.
- You have to make sure that your device is connected to a cellular dataor Wi-Finetwork. If you’re using an iPhone, you need SMS Text messaging service to activate your phone number with FaceTime and iMessage. You might be charged for this SMS, depending on your carrier.
Method 2 – How to Fix iMessage/FaceTime Waiting for Activation
- Turn off and Restart iMessage and Facetime
Turning off the iMessage and Facetime might help sometime. Sometimes your device just needs to be restarted or turn on-off to get it back to normal. So try this method to fix iMessage waiting for activation.
- Go to Settings => Messages and turn off iMessage by toggling off it on the left side.
- Go to Settings => FaceTime and turn off the toggle of FaceTime.
- Restart your device.
- Turn iMessage and FaceTime back on.
Method 3 – How to Fix iMessage/FaceTime Waiting for Activation
- Sign out and Sign in iMessage Account
- Go to Settings => Messages => and Tap on “Send & Receive”
- Tap on your Apple ID at top and choose Sign Out option in next window.
- Now Turn off iMessage and FaceTime and Turn on the Airplane Mode to off every internet connection.
- Turn off the Airplane Mode and toggle iMessage and FaceTime back on.
- Go to Send & Receive => Use Your Apple ID for iMessage and Sign in again
This trick might solve the problem of iMessage waiting for activation error.
Method 4 – How to Fix iMessage/FaceTime Waiting for Activation
- Reset Network Settings
If the above 3 methods could not solve your error, try this method as the last option. This method also works when you don’t get network in your iPhone even if you are in the network area.
- Settings => General => Scroll Down and Tap on => Reset
- Tap on “Reset Network Settings”
This process would not erase any data or information from your iPhone other than saved Wi-Fi passwords.
Still Getting an iMessage Waiting for Activation Error, What to Do?
Even after trying all these above methods you are still getting the same message of iMessage Waiting for Activation, wait for 24 hours, since all the troubleshooting we did may not work instantly, so it might work in next 24 hour period.
Even after 24 hours, iMessage Activation error is not fixed, contact your cellular service provider. They can help to solve this problem. Make sure you have sufficient balance in your SIM as it may charge for the activation of iMessage and Facetime.
We hope any of the above troubleshoot will help to solve your error and you will solve it by yourself whenever you get iMessage Activation Problem.