TightVNC is one of the best Virtual Network Computing tools for PC that allows you to get access to another computer which is a remote location. In simple words, TightVNC allows you to get remote control of another computer that is not physically available. TightVNC is one of the best alternatives to TeamViewer. It is totally free for individual use as well as professional use and its full source is available. TightVNC is supportable with Windows and Unix with Java client installed. It is a free cross-platform and compatible with standard VNC software for your system by conforming to RFB protocol specifications. It is very useful in tech support, education, helping your colleague or friend while you are out of the town or office. Many people use in administration for tech support from the technical team and experts.
You might have heard the name of TeamViewer which is one of the best software for Windows to set up cross-platform between several computers over the internet. TightVNC is very helpful when you are out of the city and you want to access the computer or your laptop at your office from your home another location. It creates a network between the computers just LAN by assigning static IP. This process is a little complex so, in this post, we are going to tell you how to download, install, and configure TightVNC on your computer to set up cross-platform with other computers.
Features of TightVNC
TightVNC is free so it reduces your expenses and saves your time while you are on the go. It is very useful when your colleagues, friends, family or employee want technical help. It also useful to make sure your PC is safe and if anyone is accessing your computer or not? Here are some of the salient features and functions offered by TightVNC.
- Easy File transfer Windows – Users can upload files and folders from local PC to the TightVNC server and they can be downloaded from the server to the computer you have right now. So the internet is required.
- It supports video mirror driver – It uses DFMirage mirror driver which helps it to detect screen updates and grab pixel data by saving processor cycles in a very efficient way.
- Scaling of the remote desktop – Users can set the scaling size of the screen on their PC. They can view it in the small size, full size, and for depth and more details zoom feature is available as well.
- JPEG compression option for Encoding – The TightVNC encoding is optimized for slow or medium speed connections so it has little traffic. This encoding is configurable with JPEG image quality setting and compression levels.
- Improved Web browser access – It offers an enhanced Java viewer with support for encoding. The applet of the Java viewer can be accessed with HTTP server similar to other VNC.
- Full secure and Control – TightVNC supports for two passwords and allows or disallows remote keyboard condition depending on either password was used for access.
- Others – There several other features of TightVNC including it renders a great performance optimization and no bugs.
How to Download TightVNC
You can download TightVNC for your Windows PC and Mobile phones.
How to install TightVNC
Step #1: After downloading TightVNC on the device you want to remote access. Double click on the installer and select “Complete” from install options.
Step #2: In the next screen, please ensure that all the boxes are checked such as file associations, firewall exceptions and server options. Then click “Next”.
Step #3: Here, in this step, you will need to put and set the password to authenticate your remote access. The second password option is to secure changes to the options later.
Step #4: Once finishing up with setting the password, hit the OK button. And the VNC server will be done installed on your computer. When you start the computer, the VNC server works automatically and will start functioning. You may see the TightVNC icon in the notification panel where you will be notified when someone connects in by the change in the colors of the icon. When someone logs in he/she may see black wallpaper as the default settings may hide the wallpaper. So now you need to change such settings and fix them
Step #5: You can see in the folder named “All Programs” where TightVNC is installed so open it and find the TightVNC folder. Find the TightVNC server and then TightVNC Service Configuration. Here, you have to uncheck the box next to “Hide Desktop wallpaper” as well as “Show notifications”.
Step #6: To save the settings click on OK and in the next window you will be notified that the changes made by you won’t be applied until the VNC service is rebooted. So close all the service of TightVNC or else you can click on OK in that window to restart the service. Now, restart your device and then you need to install TightVNC on the device from you want to get access to this PC.
How to install VNC Viewer
Step #1: Installing VNC Viewer to get access to another computer remotely is quite easy and here we have given the whole process of it.
Step #2: After downloading TightVNC on your device install it with the option “Custom” as all other initial process is the same.
Step #3: After you are done installing as per the instruction on the screen you will be asked for the password you have set on the remote device.
Step #4: And you are done with setting up the TightVNC on both the device and now you can operate the former device with the device in your hand.
So now with TightVNC, you can easily set the remote network. No matter where you are if you want to access your PC at home or office. With TightVNC, you can easily and securely control remote computers and from other computers or mobile phones. You just have to enter its password in the app. You can help your family or friends with their technical problems in the spot. Now your important documents will always be with you with this tool.