In a world where digital means of communication have taken a front seat, it isn’t surprising that wanting to print your text messages from your Android device seems a bit farfetched. But there could be various reasons you’d want to print out the documents.
Be it for personal needs or for professional documentation, knowing how to print text messages from Android can come in handy in the future.
This article will explore more about how you can print text messages from Android and how to proceed with the process.
How to directly print text messages from Android?
If you don’t want to rely on third-party apps or other workarounds and want a direct way of printing the text messages from your Android device, the only way is to take a screenshot and print it.
For this, you’d need to follow the steps as mentioned:
- Start by opening the Messages app.
- Scroll down and select the specific text messages that you wish to print.
- Following that, you’d have to take a screenshot by pressing down the screenshot button or by simultaneously pressing the Volume Up and Volume Down buttons.
- Once the screenshot is saved in your Gallery, you can click on Share and then choose the Print option from the list to finish the printing process.
How to print text messages from the Google Messages web app?
If you aren’t finding a direct method to print your messages from the Android smartphone, you can also print them using your PC. For this, you’d need to use the Google Messages web app.
Here’s what you need to do:
- If this is your first time using the Google Messages web app, you’d have to set it up first following the on-screen instructions as they come.
- Next, open Chrome and then go to messages.google.com. From there, you’ll have to find the relevant conversation you wish to print.
- In the conversation thread, you can click on the three-dot menu and then click on Print to print the conversation thread. If you want to print specific parts of the conversation, you can go ahead and take a screenshot and save that on your PC, and then print that.
How do you print text messages for legal purposes?
If you want to print the text messages from your Android phone for legal purposes, the above-mentioned methods should work just fine. However, we’d still recommend that you consult a lawyer and get an in and out of the situation before you proceed with the process.
Some tips to keep in mind are:
- When you are printing the text messages for court orders or legal processing, always ensure that the text messages are dated for better clarifications.
- Besides having a hard copy of the messages, you should also have soft copies in form of PDFs in a secure location in case you misplace the hard copies.
Printing your text messages from Android isn’t as complicated as you think. The only thing we’d personally recommend you do is keep an eye out for the different methods we have suggested. There are a few third-party apps for this, but we’d suggest you stick to the standard methods mentioned here.