GarageBand is an application developed for the music developers and people who want to make great music but don’t have the budget to buy expensive musical instruments. You don’t have to worry now since GarageBand is totally free and available for every iOS and macOS. Turn your iDevice into the collection of Touch Instruments and full-featured recording studio. With its Live Loops, it offers a good feature where anyone can have fun creating music like a DJ. With a little knowledge of music, you can play guitars, keyboards, and create beats that make you feel like a pro – even if you have never played a music note before.
Here, you can plug in your bass or guitar and play through some classic amps and stompbox effects. You can also use touch instruments, a guitar, or a microphone and record a performance instantly, with support of up to 32 tracks in the app. The app has a new built Sound Library where you can download additional free loops, instruments, and sound packs. The GarageBand’s Audio Unit Extensions allow players to record, play and mix third-party instruments and then you can share your creation with your friends and family.
Features of GarageBand
- Audio recording: It is a digital audio workstation and music sequencer where you can record and playback various tracks of audio. With audio filters, you can enhance the audio tracks with effects.
- Virtual Software Instruments: It has a large selection of realistic, sampled virtual instruments. With virtual keyboard or by connecting a USB MIDI keyboard to your computer you can create original compositions or play music.
- Guitar Features: GarageBand offers various guitar specific tracks that can use a variety of simulated amps, stompboxes, and many effects processors. Guitars can be connected Mac computer using built-in input or a USB interface.
- MIDI Editing: It can import MIDI files and provides piano roll or notation-style playback and editing.
- Supported File Formats: GarageBand supports any music file format such as AIFF, WAV, and MIDI. You can export created songs in AIFF, MP4, and MP3 audio formats.
- It limits the use of external MIDI instruments due to the lack of MIDI out capability.
- It does not support xenharmonic music.
- GarageBand has only limited support for messages sent from knobs on MIDI keyboards.
- It has no functions for changing time signature mid-track
- It is limited to the pitches and interval of standard 12 tone
How to Create Music in GarageBand
Here’s the step by step guide on how to make and create new tacks and music in Garageband on your iOS device.
Step 1 – Click on the Menu, there select Track and then, New Track.
Step 2 – Select the software instruments, it would be on the left side of the popup window and click on Create.
Step 3 – Select Instrument – here select the instrument for your track in the library section.
Step 4 – Now, click on the musical typing and select “Record” button.
Step 5 – Play tour instrument on the screen and once done, stop recording.
Step 6 – Loop recorded instruments and split tracks.
Step 7 – Add and record more tracks and complete the track by creating some amazing music beats.
Hope you followed the guide properly and successfully installed GarageBand. Now you can enjoy infinite music on your device without any restrictions. Once after using GarageBand, please do not forget to share your opinion with us by commenting below!