CardActivation.Citi.Com: Citibank Card Activation: Whether you are a new Citibank customer or an old one, if you have received a new Citibank credit card or debit card then you need to activate it, and then it will be ready to use to make payments. Just like all the other banks, Citibank offers one of the best banking services online as well as through other channels so their customers face no trouble. You, as a Citibank customer, can activate your Citibank debit card or Citibank credit card very easily. But how to activate my Citibank Debit/Credit Card and what are the ways?
There are there methods or way to activate your Citibank cards.
- Internet banking
- Mobile App
- By call to Customer Care
You can choose any of the methods given above. We have mentioned all the process in detail here.
Note: Before proceeding to activate your Citibank Credit card, you need to generate a Debit card or Credit card PIN from the ATM. Also, you need to register at the Citibank website, to begin with activating Citibank credit/debit card.
Activation of Citibank Cards is required to make online transitions only. Here’s how to generate the PIN of your Citibank Cards.
Simply Generate Fresh ATM Pin for Citibank Cards?
- Open the Citibank website and register for the account if you are a new user.
- Choose a Credit card or Debit card from the Account section mentioned on the website.
- Confirm your account identity by entering OTP (One Time Password) through mobile number.
- Now select a User ID and select IPIN that you would like to use to sign in to Citibank mobile app as well as Citibank internet banking.
- Now select the option APIN or ATM PIN to generate a new PIN. You can also generate or change the new ATM PIN directly by visiting nearby Citibank ATM.
Now when you have generated ATM PIN and IPIN, you will be able to use the login ID and on the Citibank, website to activate your Citibank credit card or debit card.
CardActivation.Citi.Com: via Internet Banking
Follow the instruction mentioned here to activate your Citibank credit card via net banking:
- Open the link given here and Citibank Internet banking site will open
- Enter credentials i.e. User ID and IPIN to login to the page.
- Now hit the Activate you Card option given on the page.
- Here, you have to provide the card number, expiry date, and other personal details.
- Now hit the continue button and enter the ATM pin and then submit.
- You will receive OTP that you have entered to confirm changes and hit the continue button.
- Now your Citibank Credit or Debit card will be activated
CardActivation.Citi.Com: Mobile App
Follow the instruction mentioned here to activate your Citibank credit card via mobile app:
- Install and open the Citibank mobile app on your smartphone and select Activate your card option.
- Select Debit or Credit card option
- Now open a camera option in the app and click a photo of the card on it.
- The information on your card will appear automatically on the webpage
- Now go to the next option and you have to confirm your mobile number and your identity with OTP.
- If you are a first time user and then you have to create a User ID and password. To secure it more you can set security questions.
- Now your Citibank credit card or debit card activated.
CardActivation.Citi.Com: Telephone Customer Service
Citibank users can also activate their cards by calling the customer care number of the bank @ 1860 210 2484.
But you have to keep in mind that the call must be made from the registered cell phone number which you have given to the bank. Here, you have to confirm your identity and your card will be activated by the customer support service.