Roku devices give you access to almost all streaming services including Hulu, HBO Max, and Netflix. But what about Apple TV? Is it accessible on a Roku device?
While most Apple apps/services are only compatible with Apple products, Apple TV and Apple Music are the two exceptions.
Whether you have a Roku TV or any other device such as Xbox, PlayStation, or Samsung TV, Apple TV is compatible with all of them.
Apple TV allows you to rent/buy TV shows and movies from the online Apple library.
Easy Steps To Watch Apple TV On Roku
Getting the Apple TV app on Roku is simple if you know the right steps. The first thing you need to do is install the Apple TV app on your Roku device. If you are wondering how follow the steps below:
- Take the Roku remote control and press the Home button.
- From the menu bar, select “Streaming Channels.”
- Go to the Search Channels page and type “Apple TV.”
- Select the Apple TV channel with the arrow keys on the remote control.
- Click “OK” on the remote and choose “Add Channel.”
- This will download the Apple TV on your Roku device.
- Go back to the home screen on your Roku TV and you will find the Apple TV app there.
After downloading Apple TV, you must follow these steps:
- First, log into the Apple TV app. You will need your Apple ID to complete the sign-in process.
- Open the “Settings” section.
- Locate the option “Accounts” and click on it.
- Click “Sign In.”
- You will be shown two options: “Sign In On This TV,” or “Sign In On Mobile Device.” Select any of the two options you want.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the sign-in process.
In case you are a new user, you will need to first create an Apple ID. This can be done directly by accessing the Apple TV app on your Roku TV. Select the option “Create an Apple ID” and follow the on-screen instructions. It will take you just a few minutes to get your Apple ID ready.
Note: Use the latest Apple TV app on your Roku device to avoid unwanted complications.
How to know if my Roku device is compatible with Apple TV?
The good thing is Apple TV is compatible with most Roku devices. By downloading the Apple TV app you can access a wide genre of movies and TV shows.
To find out whether your Roku device is compatible with Apple TV, follow these steps:
- Select “Settings” on the Roku remote.
- Go to “System.”
- Select “About.” This will show the model number of your Roku TV on the screen.
- Check your model number to see if it is compatible with the Apple TV app.
Apple TV has a huge library of movies and TV shows. Since the time Apple entered the streaming market, it has been dropping back-to-back hits. By following these easy steps you can enjoy streaming Apple TV on your Roku device.