Have you ever experienced a problem with your Apple TV Remote and wondered how to fix the error? Well, you are in luck, as this guide covers all potential solutions to avoid and fix the Apple TV 4K Remote not working error in the least possible time.
You’ll be surprised that you are not the only one complaining about the same, as most users have reported a similar issue recently. But fortunately, this error is pretty standard; hence, you can quickly fix it without seeking expert assistance or professional advice.
Scroll down the page, and find simple yet effective methods to resolve the trouble in no time. The guide will also walk you through the significant reasons triggering the error. So, what keeps you waiting? Keep reading the page to the end, and learn every single bit of this error to avoid future glitches.
What Triggers the Apple TV 4K Remote Not Working Error?
Users often skip this part and jump into the solutions to fix the error. However, our experts are always advised to know the cause of the error first and then pick the solution accordingly. Sometimes, the error appears for the silliest reason, for which you don’t have to engage in complex methods.
But since users are not interested in recognizing the problem source, they keep on wasting their time implementing complicated procedures to fix the problem. Hence, locating the significant reason for the Apple TV 4K Remote not working error is mandatory, and then moving to the troubleshooting methods below. Shall we proceed?
- Battery or Connection Problem
The battery is the sole thing bridging the gap between a remote and an Apple TV, and you can clearly imagine the consequence when this bridge falls apart. Confused about what exactly we are talking about? Well, since the remote is connected to the Apple TV because of the battery, an error appears if the battery dies or starts creating connectivity issues. The weak or worn-out battery generally avoids establishing a connection between these two devices, thus leading to trouble.
- Technical Glitch in the Apple TV or Remote
Technical errors are not just limited to game launchers or PlayStations, and they equally create trouble with TVs and remotes. Hence, it might be possible that a technical bug in your TV or remote is triggering the Apple TV 4K Remote not working error. In that case, you can restart both devices and see if the error resolves.
- Outdated Version of Apple TV
Apple TV often gets new updates to improve the overall user experience; hence, you might face a glitch connecting the remote and TV if you still use an outdated version. Updating the TV to the new version might fix the error and other connectivity problems.
- Damaged Remote
Yet another possible and probably visible cause of the Apple TV 4K Remote not working error is the damaged remote. Honestly, you cannot connect to your Apple TV if your remote is partially or fully damaged. In that case, the only solution is to get a new remote and start using it instantly.
Apple TV 4K Remote Not Working – Top 4 Ways to Fix the Error
Are you ready to fix the Apple TV 4K Remote not working error? The guide will take you through the possible solutions that will help you fix the problem in the shortest possible time. Follow these methods sequence-wise and see if they can help resolve the trouble.
- Check the battery level of the remote
Before you explore other complicated solutions, let’s begin with the basic one. A weak or worn-out battery usually triggers the Apple TV 4K Remote not working error. Hence, you must first check the battery level of your remote and see if it is doing fine. Here’s how to do it.
- Open the Settings tab and go to Remotes and Devices.
- Click the Remote option and check the battery level. If the battery level indicates zero, charge the remote for a minimum of 30 minutes or replace the battery. However, if it continuously shows zero even after charging the same, try a different USB cable to charge the battery.
- Restart the Apple TV
If the Apple TV 4K Remote not working error still persists, then wait no more and restart the Apple TV to remove the minor technical glitch. You can easily carry out the process by unplugging your Apple TV from the power source for at least six to ten seconds. It will help reboot the device and eliminate minor bugs from the same. Restart the Apple Device, and check if it resolves the error.
- Restart the Remote
If restarting your Apple TV doesn’t resolve the error, try restarting the remote and see if it works. When implementing this method, you must keep your Apple TV on and ensure the remote is charged. Execute the instructions below and start the process.
- Press the hold the TV button on the remote and volume down together for at least five seconds. When doing this process, keep an eye on your Apple TV’s status light.
- Release the buttons as soon as Apple TV’s status light flashes. Additionally, you will notice the “Remote Connection Lost” notification on the Apple TV screen.
- You will receive another message reflecting Remote Connected on the screen in 5 to 10 seconds. Try establishing the connection again, and see if it fixes the error.
- Update Apple TV
If the Apple TV 4K Remote not working error persists, try updating the Apple TV, as it can resolve performance issues and fix the trouble. Updating the TV to the latest version can resolve connectivity errors, app-specific glitches, and remote input lag. Here’s how to do it.
- Launch the Settings App and go to the System > Software Updates > Update Software.
- Wait for a few seconds and see if there’s any update available.
- Select the Download and Install button to proceed.
- Never turn off or unplug your Apple TV during the update. Once done, try connecting the remote and see if it resolves the error.
That’s all about it. We hope you have enjoyed reading the guide and found it worthwhile. All the solutions mentioned above are tried-and-tested; hence, you can easily implement any of them to fix the problem. If you like our research, please share your feedback in the comments below and stay tuned with us for more such guides.