The Android platform offers users an open, more relaxed experience than the iOS platform but, for the most part, if you wanted third-party applications on your Android device, you had to root it. Now there is a new alternative to the official app store and its called ACMarket. While rooting your device will allow you to get more out of this alternative, it is not a requirement, and it provides you with a ton of apps and games for free.
What is ACMarket?
An alternative to the Android app store, ACMarket offers users thousands of Android apps and games, along with a whole host of modified content, and it’s all for free. It provides users with loads of cool features, and it works on all major platforms:
Some of the features found in ACMarket app include:
- Free to use
- Easy to download and install
- Works on all major platforms, including Android, iOS and Windows PC
- No need to root although you do get more from the app
- Thousands of apps and games, many of them modified
- In-app customization through a choice of themes
- Filters help you to find your games and apps
- No ads on the PC version
- Uses little in the way of device and computer resources
- Loads of other features
Download ACMarket on Android:
- Open your Android mobile browser and download AC Market app APK File
- The ACMarket APK file will appear, tap it to download it
- Open Settings > Security on your device and enable Unknown Sources
- Tap the APK file on your device to install; you will see the ACMarket icon on your home screen when the installation is done and you can start using your alternative Android app store.
Download ACMarket on PC:
Some people want to be able to use their Android apps and games on their Windows PC, and that is perfectly possible with ACMarket. With support for all Windows versions from XP right up to 10, all ACMarket requires is an Android emulator. We are going to use Bluestacks – not only is it free, it is one of the easiest to use. You will require a Google account – set one up for free first if you don’t already have one.
- Open your desktop browser and download Bluestacks emulator
- Now download the AC Market APK File
- Launch Bluestacks and sign into it with your Google details
- Find the ACMarket APK file using the search bar
- Click the result, and the installation will begin
- To use ACMarket, simply open Bluestacks and you will find it on the home screen
You can use any Android emulator, and the procedure is pretty much the same for all of them. There are certain advantages to using ACMarket on your PC, namely more RAM, better graphics, and a much larger screen.
Fixing ACMarket Errors:
ACMarket has proven itself to be incredibly reliable and one of the best alternatives to the official Android app. However, it isn’t an official app, and your provider is likely to revoke the app certificate. Not only will you lose ACMarket, but you will also lose any apps or games downloaded from it. Even if you reinstall everything, you will find yourself doing it regularly; prevent this by using a recommended VPN with ACMarket.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Every day, we receive questions about ACMarket, and these are the most commonly asked ones:
Is it Free?
Yes, ACMarket is free, as is every app and game in it. It is ad-supported, which is how the developers make their money, but this won’t impact you too much, and it won’t cost you anything.
Is it Safe?
Yes. ACMarket is used by millions every day, and all their apps and games are installed via secure servers. However, it is well-known that the Android system isn’t quite as secure as it probably should be, certainly not as secure as other platforms and, given the risks that come with modified content, you should use reputable anti-virus software on your Android device, and you should only use the official source to download ACMarket.
Is My Warranty Safe?
Absolutely. ACMarket requires nothing special to download so it won’t go against any security on your device or computer. The one thing that could be a gray area is using modified content, but you can always remove this and reinstall it again when you want if your computer has to go in for repair or servicing.
ACMarket is a popular installer, useful for installing all kinds of Android content on your PC or on your Android device. It costs nothing to use so try it and see how it compares, using it on your PC over your mobile device.