Why uBlock Origin 1.17.0 Update Is Productive?
There are certain things make the uBlock Origin1.17.0 update worthy. Here are those:
- Important for the sake of security
- Prevents the execution of the tracking code that usually comes with modern ads.
- Prevents other forms of tracking scripts, such as those used by social media companies, traffic analytics tools, and other online services that uBlock Origin might have missed via its normal blacklist.
How To Install uBlock Origin Firefox?
Step #1: Open the uBlock Origin settings.
Step #2: Make sure that the Settings tab is selected.
How to install uBlock Origin safari?
There is, at least for now, an officially supported workaround on the uBlock-Safari Github page:
- Clone uBlock-Safariand uAssets into the same parent directory
- Build by running ./tools/make-safari.sh in uBlock-Safari’s directory 3.Install the unpacked extension through Safari’s Extension Builder
- Show the Develop menu in Safari by going to Preferences > Advanced and checking Show Develop menu in menu bar
- In Safari, load the Extension Builder (Develop > Show Extension Builder)
- Click the + button in the bottom left corner and “Add Extension”
- Select dist/build/uBlock0.safariextension
- Click install and enter your password
You will have to repeat step 3 each time you restart Safari, but your settings will be saved, so it’s only a few extra clicks.
It’s impossible to know how long Apple will allow this to work, but for now it seems to be the least bad option (and much better than using uBlock which is shady and unrelated to uBlock Origin)