If you own the recently released iPhone 15 and have been wondering how to transfer the contacts from Android to iPhone, we will explain more about that in detail in this guide.
Transferring the contacts one by one from your Android device to your iPhone 15 can be tedious and something that no one wants to experience. The good news is that you have different ways to automate the process.
This article will explore some effective ways for you to transfer contacts from Android to iPhone 15 in no time.
Ways to Transfer Contacts from Android to iPhone 15
When researching different and effective ways to transfer contacts from Android to iPhone 15, we managed to narrow down our choices quite well.
Following are a few of them worth paying attention to:
Using “Move to iOS”
Apple is known for adding features that simplify people’s user experience. Among them, using the “move to iOS” feature has come a lot in handy.
What you have to do is download the app on your Android device first. It is available in the Google Play Store. Using it can enable you to transfer not just photos but contacts, documents, etc.
Here’s what you need to do:
- As mentioned, start by installing the Move to iOS app on your Android device.
- Following that, accept the relevant terms and conditions and even allow the application to access the location.
- Once you launch it, you will see the “Find your code” option. Tap on Continue.
- On your iPhone, follow the on-screen instructions and tap on “Move data from Android.”
- Next, you will need to enter the 6 or 10-digit code that comes up on your iPhone or Android. This will start the transfer process.
Ensure that both your Android and iPhone have charged in it because you don’t want to interrupt the transfer process.
Using Google Account
If you save your contacts to your Google account on your Android, you can use that to your benefit to transfer the relevant files to your iPhone.
For this, here’s what you need to do:
- Open your Android device and then tap on Settings and then on Account.
- Select the Google account and then choose the relevant account that you save your contacts to.
- For the Sync contacts setting, turn on the toggle.
- Again, open your new iPhone 15 and open Settings.
- Go to Accounts and Passwords and then tap on Add Account and select Google. Sign in using your credentials.
- In the next screen, turn on the toggle for emails, contacts, notes, calendars, etc.
This will load all your contacts that are saved in your Google account on your new iPhone.
Using SIM Card
Your SIM card is a storehouse for all your contacts. If you saved your contacts in your previous Android phone in your SIM card, inserting the same SIM card in your new iPhone 15 will transfer those contacts directly into your new iPhone.
However, here’s what you have to do:
- On your Android device, tap on the Contacts app.
- Tap on the gear icon to launch the Settings app and select Import/Export contacts.
- Select the specific contacts you wish to export.
- Select the “Export to SIM card” option.
- On your iPhone 15, go to Settings.
- Select Contacts and then tap on Import SIM contacts.
And, that’s all. The contacts that were saved in your SIM card will now be directly available in your iPhone 15.
This isn’t everyone’s favorite route but if nothing else is working, this is an option you won’t regret indulging in. Start by enabling the Bluetooth feature in your Android and iPhone 15.
Following that, you have to follow the steps as mentioned:
- Open the Contacts app on your Android device.
- From there, select More.
- Tap on Share and from the list of contacts; you have to select the specific contacts you wish to share.
- Once you select Bluetooth, transfer the contacts to your iPhone 15.
If you don’t have a lot of contacts on your Android device, we’d recommend choosing this way.
The last step in the list is using an Android-to-iPhone transfer via vCard, which is a type of VCF file. Again, this method and the Bluetooth method can be a little time-consuming and you have to put in a lot of manual work in the process.
Following are the steps you need to follow:
- Open the Contacts app on your Android device.
- Tap on the three-dot menu and tap on Select All.
- Next, click on Share.
- You can select how you want to share the file. We’d recommend choosing Gmail and emailing the VCF file to yourself.
- On your iPhone, open and extract the file from your email.
- In the attached file, click on Share and select the Contacts app on iPhone 15.
- Select “Add all contacts” and wait patiently.
It will take some time for things to export and share, so we’d recommend you get things done in the meantime.
If you are sitting there wondering how to transfer your contacts from your Android to the latest iPhone 15, these are some of the tried and tested methods that work. All of them are free methods and can be done with the existing features and functions available on the iPhone and Android only. So, there’s no need for you to download a third-party app.