As an online trader knows, one of the most important factors affecting performance is your chosen trading platform. It’s an essential software suite, allowing you to interact with the market in an instant and access analysis and active trading. It’s your very own portal to the highly volatile world of the Forex online trading market.
Selecting a software platform that suits you is a key part of maximising your chance of longevity and success. Any great trading software should provide robust functionality, easy navigation and help you in the following critical areas:
- Streamlining your market analysis in real time
- Providing charting, market indicators and technical tools
- Executing trades fast, efficiently and in multiple ways
- Developing your strategy with tools and historical data
So, Which Software Platform Offers The Best Solution?
This question is always heavily debated and mostly subjective. Forex trading is volatile, fast-paced and highly competitive. To keep yourself at the top, with the most advantages, you need to find software that combines innovation, flexibility and leading-edge technology. However, the one that you choose will always be based on your preferences, trading style and specific needs – it’s not just about finding the best Forex broker.
Top Picks For The Savvy Trader
MetaTrader 4 (MT4), Trading Station, NinjaTrader and ZuluTrade are all top quality providers and industry leaders. Each of these featured software platforms is in some ways unique and excels in different areas of functionality or features. It’s your final choice which one you are going to try out!
MetaTrader 4 (MT4)
MT4 is one of the most widely used platforms worldwide and is considered as the industry-leading platform for automated Forex trading. It is equally suitable for experienced and novice traders and offers you combined technology and adaptability which will accomplish vırtually any of your trading objectives. MT4 provides an extensive collection of services and features which enhance both your analytical capability and trade execution.
- Extensive variety of orders for both market exit and entry
- Algorithmic trading with a broad range of indicators and tools
- Trading signals which support social trading, with over 3,200 free or commercial signals
- Convenient, customised trade management strategies
- Accessible through mobile apps, download or web
Trading Station is the broker FXCM’s flagship and award-winning software platform. It provides a solid option for all levels of trader experience and is extremely user-friendly. You are presented with multiple unique options for analysis and execution. In addition, their Chart Trader along with a huge variety of technical tools which are pre-programmed, are all readily available. Trading Station offers you award-winning and flexible functionality, particularly in these areas:
- Advanced analytics capability
- Professional charting suites Marketscope and Real Volume indicators
- Customisable automation with backtesting and the ability to optimise strategies
- Multiple order types for both market exit and entry
- Accessible through download, web or mobile apps
The NinjaTrader software platform brings a whole package of useful and adaptable features. It is a hugely popular choice for equity, futures and Forex traders alike, the world over. It offers you an all-inclusive platform which features advanced analytics and a friendly interface. The NinjaTrader community is also well known for providing top-tier support and excellent customer service, along with a full range of premier features:
- Ability to construct and customise strategies with the Strategy Wizard or NinjaScript
- Market Analyser – real-time customisable quote sheet for scanning multiple products
- Market Replay facility which enables traders to view previous price actions
- Allows traders to practice trades and test ideas under live market conditions
- Accessible through download
ZuluTrade is famous for being a pioneer in the use of social trading. It is an online solution primarily using signals from professional traders and provides you with a creative way of copying trades and consulting with experienced traders in real-time. This makes it a highly popular option for new traders and those who can not commit a considerable amount of time to Forex. ZuluTrade is now one the top choices worldwide, with a stable and unique software platform that has many distinct features:
- Ability to automatically copy and execute other traders trades
- Customised risk management and alerts
- Observation tools TradeWall and Top Traders spreadsheet
- ZuluTrade blog providing a valuable and interactive educational tool
- Virtual trading floor for communication with signal providers and worldwide traders
- Accessible through mobile apps, download and web