Whether you’ve recently stepped into photo editing or are a professional editor, you must know the Magic Eraser tool. It is a Google Pixel-exclusive option to remove unwanted items from your images efficiently. Google Pixel has always been famous for offering a slew of camera and photography features to enhance your picture quality.
It is a handy tool for photographers and eliminates needing any third-party app to remove unnecessary objects from the photo. However, since it is a Pixel exclusive, users often wonder whether they can use it on other Android smartphones or not.
If you don’t own a Google Pixel and want to use the magic eraser functionality on your phone, then you have clicked the rightmost page. Here, we devised a practical hack to download the magic eraser tool on Android 12 or later using simple instructions. Keep scrolling the page and find a step-by-step guide here to get started.
What is a Magic Eraser Tool?
Before we reveal the hack to use Magic Eraser on Android for free, let’s quickly introduce this tool to get a better idea. Magic Eraser, as the name implies, uses machine learning language to mark distractions in a clicked photograph. It identifies the subject and highlights all distracting or unwanted objects you might want to eliminate.
Once the tool recognizes the elements, you can easily remove them in a few simple clicks. Since Magic Eraser is a Pixel-exclusive tool, it uses the company’s custom system on a Chip, Tensor, to magically wipe out all unwanted subjects from the image without leaving traces.
This tool is mainly supported by almost all Google Pixel smartphones, including Pixel 6, 6 Pro, 6a, Pixel 7, and 7 Pro. Using Magic Eraser is no rocket science, and you can easily use it on your photographs without undergoing any tutorials or external assistance.
It is a versatile and highly effective photo editing tool that works by sampling the pixels surrounding the area you wish to erase. The tool’s accuracy is due to its advanced techniques and carefully designed algorithms that can easily identify the surrounding pixels, resulting in a natural-looking result.
Here’s how to use the tool.
- Launch the photo app on your phone and select an image you want to use Magic Eraser.
- Once you have selected a photo, tap on the Edit button, and Google may show up the Magic Eraser as one of the suggested tools. If you don’t find the tool, go to the Tools library and click the Magic Eraser.
- The phone will take a moment to scan the unwanted objects and give suggestions. Tap on the subjects individually, and click the Erase to remove them from the photograph. Click Save to save the changes done by the tool.
Is it Possible to Use Magic Eraser on any Android Device?
Wondering whether you can use the Magic Eraser on any Android devices? Well, you’ll be glad to know that the answer is YES. All you need is to sideload the latest version of the Google Photos App from Pixel 6. Note that the hack only works if your device runs on Android 12 or beyond.
So, are you ready to use the Magic Eraser tool on your smartphone? Carry out the set of instructions below and make the most out of it.
- Unlock the phone and launch Google Play Store. Search for the Split APKs Installer and click to start downloading the same.
- After that, you must download the Google Photos APKs file. Remember that the APK file must come straight from Pixel 6 to enable this functionality.
- Launch Split APKs Installed on your phone and select System File Picker. You must allow the APK to access files on the device there, and it’s done.
Note: Ensure you have allowed Apps from Unknown Sources before executing the whole process to avoid any later hassle.
The process to use the Magic Eraser on non-pixel Android devices for free ends here. We hope you have enjoyed reading the guide and found it informative and worthwhile. If you find any problem when carrying out the instructions, feel free to connect with us in the comments below, and we’ll be readily available to assist you.
For more such guides, please stay in touch with us.