JioTV is one of the most popular live TV and video streaming apps in India. It offers access to over 800+ live TV channels spanning multiple languages and genres like entertainment, movies, sports, news, infotainment and more. The app is free for Jio users while non-Jio users can access it with a subscription.
While JioTV has official apps for Android smartphones and Jio set-top boxes, there is no official support for Android TVs yet. However, with a few workarounds, you can install and run JioTV on Android TVs and enjoy live TV channels for free. Let me show you how to install JioTV on Android TV.
Methods to Install JioTV on Android TV
There are a few different methods you can use to install JioTV on your Android TV. Here are the main options:
1. Sideload JioTV APK
This involves downloading the latest JioTV APK on your Android phone, transferring it to a USB drive, and then sideloading it onto your Android TV:
- On your Android phone, install the JioTV app from the Play Store.
- Also install an APK extractor app like APK Extractor.
- Open the extractor app and extract the JioTV APK.
- Copy the extracted APK file to a USB drive.
- On your Android TV, enable app install from Unknown Sources in Settings.
- Insert the USB drive and use a file manager to locate the JioTV APK file.
- Select the file to trigger the installation. The app will be installed within a few seconds.
This method installs the actual JioTV Android app on your TV. The major advantage is that you get the full-featured app with constant updates from the Play Store.
2. Use Live Channels App
The Live Channels app on Android TV supports adding IPTV playlists. Some third-party developers have created M3U playlists that play JioTV channels. Here are the steps to use this method:
- Install the Live Channels app from the Play Store on your Android TV.
- Get the latest working JioTV M3U playlist URL from websites like Github.
- Open Live Channels app and select Add Source > Paste Playlist URL.
- Enter the JioTV M3U link and press OK. The app will load all the playable channels.
This method does not require installing any additional apps. However, the quality is dependent on the M3U provider and links tend to break frequently.
3. Screen Mirroring from Mobile
If the above two methods don’t work, you can simply screen mirror JioTV from your Android phone or tablet to the Android TV.
- Enable screen mirroring on both devices using Miracast or Chromecast.
- Open JioTV app on your phone and play any live channel.
- On your Android TV, select the name of your phone from the list of available devices.
- Your phone screen with JioTV will now be mirrored to the big screen.
Screen mirroring is reliable and easy to set up. The only disadvantage is that you cannot use your phone for anything else while mirroring is turned on.
Tips for Using JioTV on Android TV
Here are some useful tips to enhance your JioTV viewing experience on Android TV:
- Use a 5GHz WiFi connection for better quality at higher resolutions.
- For sideloaded app, enable Auto-updates in Play Store to keep getting the latest JioTV features.
- Change stream quality in JioTV settings based on your bandwidth.
- Use a wireless mouse or remote with air mouse feature for easier navigation.
- Add your favorite channels to Home Screen for quick access.
- Enable notifications to get alerts for shows about to begin.
Installing JioTV on your Android TV opens up a treasure trove of entertainment spanning live news, sports, movies, shows and more. With the detailed methods listed above, you can start watching your favorite channels on the big screen for free. Sideloading the app or using live channel integration is better for an enhanced experience. Go ahead and turn your Android TV into a full-fledged cable replacement with JioTV!