How often do you wish that you had something to remind you of an item that you have a habit of losing? Well, you aren’t the only person. We have heard of Apple’s AirTags and the kind of benefits they bring the users.
Samsung Smart Tag is just an elevated version, which you can attach to any item and in case you can’t find it, the tag helps you locate the item easily. Sounds fun, right? The only issue is that most people aren’t aware of how to use the Samsung Smart Tag.
This article will walk you through all the basics of Samsung Smart Tag, and the factors involved in using this item.
How to Set Up Samsung Smart Tag?
If you thought that attaching the Smart tag to the item is the end of the task, you are mistaken. To remotely access the item, you need to set up the smart tag. For this, the users must connect the Smart Tag to SmartThings app.
Follow the steps mentioned:
- Open the SmartThings app you installed on your smartphone.
- With the app opened, press the button that’s on your Smart Tag.
- On the app, a message will appear saying “SmartTag Detected”.
- Tap on “Add Now”.
- Tap Agree and then tap on Start.
- Again, press the button on the Smart tag to start the pairing process.
- Follow the instructions that come on the screen.
Once done, you are good to attach your Smart Tag to any item and you should be able to find it remotely using the app.
How to Use SmartThings to Find SmartTag-Fitted Items?
Now, this is the main objective of this article. How do you locate your item that has the Smart Tag attached to it? The steps are simple and mentioned as follows:
- Launch the SmartThings app on your smartphone.
- Navigate to the Devices tab.
- Tap on the Home icon.
- Select the location and swipe to find the tag.
- Select the specific Smarttag you are located and tap on “View map”
- This will launch SmartThings Find, which allows you to track your SmartTag.
Follow the location as it appears on the device and you should be able to locate your Samsung SmartTag in no time.
How to Reset a Smart Tag?
If your Samsung Smart Tag isn’t functioning optimally, resetting the device is your best bet to navigate through the complication. Resetting is also necessary if you want to connect the Smart Tag to a new device.
Follow the steps as mentioned:
- Start by opening the battery cover of the Samsung Smart Tag.
- Remove the circular battery from the tag and then find the button in the center.
- You have to press this button.
- While you are holding down that button, slither the battery into the tag again.
- Next, hold down the same button for another five seconds.
- Put the cover of the tag back on.
And, that’s it. The Smart tag rest is complete. From there, you will have to re-pair the Smart Tag to your SmartThings app on your device to be able to use it.
Note: If you are planning to connect the Smart Tag to a new phone, you’d have to delete the tag from the currently paired device from the SmartThings app.
Using Samsung Smart Tag can simplify your life a lot and ensure that you aren’t constantly misplacing things here and there. If you are new to using this device and wanted some guidance, we hope this article gives you all the insights that you need to get started with it. Remember that the SmartThings app is quintessential if you wish to use the Smart Tag.