If you are a game geek, then you might be familiar with Among Us. This has become a popular game recently. Its popularity could be seen on social media, where many players used to post creative memes and their gameplay. You can play this amazing game with your friends as well as strangers. Betrayal and logical thinking are the main elements that are required in the game. There are two kinds of characters that you can play in the game. First, you can play as an innocent crewmate. Secondly, you can be an evil imposter who sabotages and kills mercilessly. The game is interesting and has led to the enormous growth of the developers. This is why they have to update the game with new elements and bug fixed. Nevertheless, it is essential to know how to update Among Us on your device.
Since the game is trendy among players, developers have made it available on many devices. You can play it on a computer, mobile phones (iOS and Android), and consoles. If you are familiar with the device you use, you can easily update the Among Us app. In addition, the process of updating the app is similar on all devices; however, there can be minor differences. And, these minor differences can be confusing for some players. Thus, we have made step-by-step guides on how to update Among Us on different devices.
Should You Update the Latest Version of Among US?
As we said in the introduction, in order to bring new features and fix bugs, game developers release new updates frequently. The latest updates have new changes and enhanced performance. So, it is helpful to update Among Us on your device. Plus, every update fixes all loopholes that can cause security issues. Sometimes, you will also see new elements and major changes in the game, so it is wise to update “Among Us” whenever an update is available to enhance the gaming experience.
How to Update Among Us on PC (Steam and Bluestacks)
There are two methods to install Among on PC, i.e., Steam and Bluestacks. Here’s how to update Among on Steam and Bluestacks.
Method 1 – Update Among Us on Steam
- Open Steam on your PC and head to Library.
- You will see the name of Among Us in the list of the game. Right-click on the game and then open Properties.
- Here, you will see a tab named “Update,” where you can see whether an update is available or not.
Note: You can also enable automatic download updates. If you do so, every latest update will be updated automatically.
- Now, if an update is available, you can download it, and it will be installed automatically. The process may take a few minutes to download, depending on the speed of the internet.
Method 2 – Update Among Us on Bluestacks
You can also install Among Us on your PC with the Android emulator Bluestacks. The process of updating Among Us on your PC via Bluestacks is similar to Android devices.
- Open the Bluestacks software on your PC and open Google Play Store in it.
- Navigate to the “Apps” section in it, where you can see all the apps installed on your PC via Bluestacks.
- If Among Us has the latest update available, you will see an option of “Update” next to the name.
- Click on the “Update” option, and your update will be installed automatically. If you have enabled automatic update installation, you will get the latest update whenever it is available.
How To Update Among Us – Android Smart Devices
Updating an app on Android smartphones and tablets is a no-brainer. There are two methods that you can follow to install a new update of Among Us.
Update Via Google Play Store
The easiest and simple method is to update Among Us from Google Play Store. Here’s how to do it:
- Open Google Play Store app on your smartphone or tablet. Tap on three horizontal lines and open the main menu.
- Now select the section that says “My Apps’ or My Apps and Games.”
- Here, you will all the apps installed on your phone, and if its update is available, you will see an option of Update beside the app name.
- If Among Us has a new update available, tap on it, and it will be installed automatically.
Update Via Third-Party App Store APK
At first glance, this method seems a bit complicated, but it is straightforward. Here, the APK file of the latest Among US version is downloaded and installed on the device.
- You have to find a trustworthy website that offers Android APK files. Find the latest version of Among US.
- The downloading process can be a little tricky here. It may show some ads or ask you to tap on the Download option two or three times.
- Once the download has begun, it will be saved in the “Files” app of the Phone. The download may take a few minutes.
- When it is completed, open the APK file, and it will start installation on your Android phone. Allow permissions to complete installation.
- Once it is installed, you can see the updated Among Us app on your device.
Important: Check the reputation of a website that you are using to download the APK file. Beware of scams and frauds that can send malware or adware into your phone by faking the name of the app file.
How to Update Among Us on iPhone
Updating Among Us on iPhone or iPad is simplest. It can be done via Apple App Store. You may require a strong Wi-Fi connection because the app comes in more than 300 MB.
- Open App Store on your iPhone or iPad and tap on the “Profile” option at the top.
- When you scroll down, it will show all apps whose new updates are available to install. Find Among US here and tap on “Update.”
- You can refresh the list by scrolling up to the top. The download will begin as soon as you hit the “Update” button.
- Once it is done, you can use the updated Among US app on your smartphone.
How to Update Among on Xbox and Nintendo Switch
Primarily, Among Us was created for smartphone players, but now it is available on gaming consoles as well. Here’s how you can update this game on the console.
- Connect your console to the internet and then press the Xbox button on the console controller
- Open “Profile & System,” and then “Settings” followed by “System.”
- You will see an option of “Update.” If you see Among Us here, you can easily download the latest version of the game.
- First, find “Among Us” on your Nintendo Switch. If not on Homescreen, look for it in the “All Software” option.
- Select “Among Us” to highlight it and press ‘Plus’ or ‘Minus’ on the controller to open the options.
- Now select “Software Update” here, followed by “Via the Internet.”