Imagine you are getting constant messages from your girlfriend, friends, or clients and you are not in the mood to reply to them. Well, the only way to avoid the hassle is to turn read receipts off and carry on with your work without any hassle.
While you might be tempted to think that it’s easy to turn off the read receipts features from the settings tab of the Messages app, you’d be entirely wrong and the reality will seriously hit hard when you actually jump into the process.
So, if you are a novice and carrying out this process for the very first time, then don’t freak out and follow the guidelines mentioned below to get it done. Our experts have curated a clear, step-by-step guide for the reader’s sake of convenience. So, without any further delay, let’s get into it.
What are Read Receipts?
Before we jump into the methods to turn read receipts off, let’s first understand what exactly this feature is all about and what would happen when we disable it.
Read receipts feature acts like a double-edged sword telling people that their messages are opened. Now, it can be annoying when you want to avoid some people or don’t want to indulge in chatting with them for quite a while.
But the best thing is that you can easily disable this feature without putting in the extra effort. When you disable Read Receipts, the senders won’t know if you opened their messages or not. However, turning it off means that you also cannot know if the recipient opened your message or not as it is a kind of trade-off.
A Step-by-Step Guide to Turn off Read Receipts On Android
So, are you ready to disable this edgy feature on your android device? All you have to do is follow the instructions mentioned below and get it done in less than no time. Execute the process carefully and disable this feature within a blink of an eye. Here’s how you can do it.
- To initiate a process, unlock your smartphone and launch the Messages app.
- Now, take your cursor to the three vertical dots and click it to access a pop-up menu.
- From the menu, choose the “Settings” tab and then click on the “More Settings” option.
- After that, tap on the Text Messages and swipe the button located next to the “Delivery Reports” to the left to disable the read receipts.
- Click on the back button and go to the Multimedia messages to turn off their read receipt option by again swiping the button to the left.
- Similarly, you should also turn off read reports by toggling the button located next to it and you are done.
Turning off read receipts on Android smartphone is no rocket science and you can easily carry out the same by following the guidelines mentioned above. So, what keeps you waiting for now? Execute the process step by step and disable this feature in less than no time. Also, you can easily turn them on whenever you want by again toggling the buttons.
Do you like our homework? If yes, then feel free to share the information with others so they can also carry out this process easily. For more such guides, stay in touch with us.