Do you want to switch your Android phone or Google account and need help learning the sign-out process? In that case, you have clicked the most appropriate link to figure out all your troubles and queries associated with it.
Luckily, there are several different ways of logging out of your Google account, and that’s too within a few clicks. So, are you ready to proceed? Here’s a comprehensive guide outlining the best and most effective methods to sign out of Google on Android.
Scroll down the page and learn step-by-step instructions to carry out the process. Do not skip any of the steps to avoid further hassle.
The 2 Effective Methods to Log Out of your Google Account on Android Smartphones
There are multiple reasons for which you wish to sign yourself out of your Google account, such as your phone being stolen or you want to make extra sure that no one can access your data, or maybe you don’t want to be watched by Google constantly.
Whatever the reason, we have covered the three most straightforward and probably the most effective methods to log out of your Google account on Android in a few simple steps. Let’s get into them and begin the process immediately.
Method 1: The easiest one – Use the Settings Option on Android
The first and probably the simplest method to sign out of your Google Account is to use the Settings option on the Android phone and follow the instructions below to get the job done. Remember that the method requires you to access your Android phone and other mandatory information to complete the process.
Here’s how to do it.
- Unlock your Android smartphone and launch the Settings tab.
- Select the “Accounts & Backup” tab and click the Manage Accounts option.
- There, you need to pick the Google Account (or accounts if you are using multiple Google accounts on the phone) you wish to sign out of.
- Tap the Remove Account option at the bottom, and wait for a few seconds to complete the process.
- Once done, that account name will vanish from the options, and you’ll be successfully logged out of your account.
Method 2: The Remote One – Use a web browser
Don’t want to indulge in the hassle of picking up your Android and then signing out of the account? Well, in that case, simply open the web browser and follow the steps below to complete the tasks in the shortest possible time. It is best to log out of your Google account without physically accessing your phone.
Here’s a quick rundown of the step-by-step process.
- Launch the web browser of your choice and access your Google Account.
- Click the Security feature from the side menu and select the device you want to sign out of.
- Tap the “Sign Out” button, and it’s done.
What if your phone gets stolen?
While the methods listed above are adequate for signing out of your Google account on Android, what if your phone is stolen? Is it possible to log out of your Google account from the stolen Android phone? Well, the answer is YES. You can easily log out of Google even if your smartphone gets stolen. Wondering How?
Use the “Find my Device” method and carry out the step-by-step process to get the job done. Here’s how to proceed.
- Initiate the process by launching any web browser of your choice. Sign in to your Google Account and visit the link: android.com/find.
- Here, you must click on the “Set up secure and Erase” option.
- Once done, click on the Secure Device option, and you will be automatically logged out of your stolen Android phone.
That’s all about the guide on how to log out of Google on Android. Do you find our research worthwhile? If so, then share your feedback with us in the comment section below, and let us know whether our guide will help you sign out of your Google account on Android. For more similar informational guides, get in touch with us.