The Public Financial Management System (PFMS) is an internet-based, integrated platform that brings all financial management processes of the government under one roof. This central plan scheme monitoring system is developed by the Controller General of Accounts with the intent to ensure timely releases of payments in respect of the Central Sector.
In addition, this system improves transparency and accountability and enables real-time tracking of expenditures. Do you still feel clueless about what exactly we are talking about? Fret not and keep on reading the page to find out what exactly is the Public Financial Management System, how it works, and a step-by-step guide to check your PFMS account. So, let’s move further!!
What PFMS or Public Financial Management System is all about?
PFMS is an online portal that allows users to view information related to their government benefits and subsidies. If you are a recipient of government benefits, you can easily use PFMS to check your account balance, view your transaction history, and much more to count.
Earlier, it was known as the Central Plan Scheme Monitoring System (CPSMS) but later on, its name was changed to PFMS to make recipients understand the term better. With this, you can easily track the funds across the scheme hierarchy to avoid any last-minute confusion.
The portal is designed with an easy-to-use interface so that every person can use it without having to require any technical expertise. As soon as you open the website, you can easily locate each and every icon right in front of you, thus making the portal user-friendly.
What are the benefits of creating a PFMS account?
Have you wondered why is it necessary to make a PFMS account? Well, don’t worry if you are not as we are here to assist you. Here’s a quick rundown of the benefits you can enjoy with a PFMS account. Check them out here.
- With a PFMS account, you can track your government benefits, including your pension and social security payments.
- You can also use your PFMS account to update your contact information and direct deposit information.
- Additionally, having a PFMS account gives you the ability to view your payment history and transaction details.
- It gives you online information about bank float.
- PFMS is a one-stop platform for accounting, DSS, and MIS for all levels of program managers.
- It enhances audibility in public expenditure while disseminating revelation information to citizens.
A Complete Guide to Check PFMS Account
Now that you are aware of all basics of the Public Financial Management System, it’s time to move on to the guide on how to check your PFMS account without any hassle. Follow the instructions mentioned below carefully and carry out the process in less than no time.
- Begin the process by launching the web browser of your choice. Enter the official website of the PFMS manually or initiate a Google search to visit the homepage.
- Click on the “Get Login Details” tab available on the homepage and you’ll be taken to another window where you have to set up the agency admin user.
- Enter the Login ID, a valid email address, Unique Agency Code, Account Number (as you have given at the time of registration), and Word Verification (the captcha code).
- Once you have entered everything, click on the Submit button and wait for a while until you get the system-generated password on your email address.
- As soon you get the credential, enter the same in the designated field and log into your PFMS account. You are now all set to use PFMS account services.
The easiest way to check your PFMS account is to log in to the official website and enter your credentials. You can also check your account balance by downloading the PFMS app or by calling the customer service number. Whichever method you choose, make sure that you have all of the necessary information handy so that you can access your account without any problems.
So, do you like our research? Feel free to share your thoughts with us in the comment section below. Our team would love to hear from you.